Notices for Regular Visits
- Publication Data ：
- Last updated：2020-04-15
- Count Views：1218
Notices for Regular Visits
I. Sign-up time for visits
08:30 ~ 11:30 AM & 13:30 ~ 16:00 PM
Monday through Friday and the first Sunday of every month
II. Telephone and address for visit inquiries
Working hours: (04)23865827 or (04)23844696
Beyond working hours: (04)26844696
Address: 3, Pei-De Road, Nantun District, Taichung City
III. Notes for visits
A. Identification certificate with photo, such as ID card or driver license, is requested for verification while applying for visit.
B. When signing up for first time visit, collateral blood relatives to the third degree and marital relative to the second degree of the inmates must bring a household certificate duplicate, or the official household certificate, or a copy of the household certificate.
C. For the juvenile and children who do not have ID cards, they must bring the official household certificates and NHI cards.
D. The visiting party can be two persons or less, not including a child younger than 5 years old.
IV. Restrictions to visit inmates
A. Number of visits
1. Inmates taking rehabilitation (detoxification) treatment: one visit per week as per Article 22, Statute of Rehabilitation Penalty.
2. Juvenile inmates taking rehabilitation (detoxification) treatment: one visit per week as per Article 12, Statute of Execution for Rehabilitation Penalty.
3. Regular juvenile inmates: one visit per day.
B. People to visit inmates:
1. for inmates taking rehabilitation (detoxification) treatment: only for spouse, lineal blood relatives, collateral blood relatives to the third degree, and marital relatives to the second degree
2. for juvenile inmates taking rehabilitation (detoxification) treatment: only for spouse and lineal blood relatives or some other people permitted to visit by the superintendent of this Treatment Center due to special causes
3. for regular juvenile inmates: only for spouse, lineal blood relatives, collateral blood relatives to the third degree, and marital relatives to the second degree. While visited by friends, they must be accompanied with parents of the juvenile inmates. When visited by school teachers or social welfare workers from the institutes concerned, they must bring related proving certificates for verification before the visits are granted.
C. Hours to visit inmates:
In the morning In the afternoon
Group 1: 09:15 ~ 09:30 AM Group 5: 14:15 ~ 14:30 PM
Group 2: 10:00 ~ 10:15 AM Group 6: 15:00 ~ 15:15 PM
Group 3: 10:45 ~ 11:00 AM Group 7: 15:45 ~ 16:00 PM
Group 4: 11:30 ~ 11:45 AM
Notes: If too crowded, the schedules for groups may be modified.
D. Restrictions to deliver food and daily commodities:
1. for inmates taking rehabilitation (detoxification) treatment:
(1) Food and beverage: No food and beverage can be brought in while visiting except holidays like January 1 and 2, new year eve till the 5th of the first month of Chinese calendar, Mother’s day, Dragon Boat Festival, Father’s day and Moon Festival when dry dishes or fruits less than two kilograms can be delivered one time for one of the occasions mentioned above.
(2) Necessary commodities:
a. Method of delivery: Application slip and identity slip must be filled by inmates before they are approved by Center authority. Then the identity slip will be mailed to close relatives or family members to be reacted according to following manners:
(a) Delivered while visiting: The commodities along with the identity slip are delivered by close relatives or family members while visiting the inmate.
(b) Delivered by Mail: The approved identity slip stuck to the package of the commodities is delivered by registered mail to the inmates after they are inspected.
b. Items to be delivered: limited as clothes, eye glasses, books and magazines. The number of books and magazines cannot be more than 3 items at each time of delivery.
2. for juvenile inmates taking rehabilitation (detoxification) treatment:
(1) No food and beverage
(2) Necessary commodities: the items and quantities of necessary commodities must be limited.
3. for regular juvenile inmates: dry dishes and fruits less than two kilograms each time can be delivered while visiting
E. Restriction to deliver drugs:
Inmates cannot apply for the delivery of medicines. Necessary medicines must be prescribed by doctor and the prescription must be agreed by the doctor in the Center before they can be purchased by the Center for inmates. On special occasions, inmates may present medical prescriptions and request the delivery of medicines only if the medicines have been checked by the doctor in the Center.